The Utopian Studies Society (Europe) has some very limited funds available to assist with the expenses of attending the Society’s annual conference. In accordance with a decision taken at the Society’s Annual General Meeting in 2003, the Committee has allocated a sum of money to be disbursed to appropriate applicants, with the following conditions:
- The maximum grant available to any one individual will be £250/PLN 1100
- The grant money will be paid retrospectively, after the Paper has actually been presented at the Conference. [Normally, we arrange to pay the grant in cash during the conference].
- In the event of the available funds being over-subscribed, preference will be given to Post-Graduates. In addition, assessments of the quality of the submitted abstracts by the organizing committee on the basis of quality may be sought.
- Grants will be awarded only once to any individual; previously successful applicants may not re-apply.
- The decision of the Chair and Treasurer of the Committee will be final.
We particularly welcome applications from participants under-represented in the Utopian Studies community, and/or who experience oppression in their lives and/or academic work. This includes, but is not limited to: people of colour; Indigenous people; women, transgender, intersex, agender, non-binary, two-spirit and others whose (lack of) gender identity does not conform to gendered norms; people with disabilities; and people from working class or poor backgrounds. If this applies to you, please state how in a short statement at the bottom of the form (no more than a paragraph, and a sentence or two may well suffice).
Please fill in the application form, and return it as soon as possible, but no later than 21 April 2017, to Conference Secretary Dr Justyna Galant: email@example.com
You will be notified of the result of your application as soon as possible.
Dr Adam Stock
Hon. Treasurer, Utopian Studies Society